Thursday, April 29, 2010

Those who lack empathy...







(Also being marketed in Internationally in countries like Japan, Sweden, Finland, Germany...!!!)

A portion of the proceeds from novel help support local women's shelters



If you need immediate assistance, dial 911. 
The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).


I have been slapped, slapped to the point of having my eardrum busted, raped (including, but not limited to, sex while asleep), choked, pushed out of a moving car, called every name in the book, thrown up against walls, punched, threatened, forced to watch threatening behaviors, spit at, had things thrown at me, had threatening messages left on my answering machine, held up at gun point, handed a loaded gun and asked to kill someone else, tripped, kicked, and someone abused both of my kids (to the point of crushing the skull of my 7 month old son)...just to name a few things...these things started in 1984...and were not completely eradicated until 2001ish.

I find it odd that anyone could listen to what some women have endured at the hands of other abusive people and have the audacity to call them drama queens. When someone hurts you it can have a profound impact on your person. If people do not want to listen or get involved the rejection can be even more hurtful than the original abuse.

Those prone to fits of drama take a small thing and make it big...women who have been abused tend to suffer so from lack of confidence that they habitually take a big thing and make it small...

To everyone who has refused to believe an abused woman's pain...refused to help an abused woman or child...or in any way been less than supportive to anyone that you heard was being abused...please let me say that you are no friend...and are lacking in character...

I stand in support of every woman who has tried to get help and her friends or family made it so it was easier to go back than to get help...people like that are why some many women die at the hands of their abusers every year...


Let me know how you are doing.

Michelle




2 comments:

  1. I was in an abusive relationship when I was seventeen. I became pregnant as a result. Though my family were very supportive, they didn't really understand--and how could they? Some comments they made were very hurtful, but I realized my behavior had hurt them too. It took some time to heal. If it was that difficult for me, with supportive and helpful parents, I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to do it on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was blessed however to have faith in God. When we go through something like this we can feel that God didn't see it coming. But God did see it on the horizon; and God had a plan that included salvation, healing, restoration...and whatever else is needed.

    I wrote a novel about our experiences...which is currently in publication...the goal was to share that some people do overcome...and I felt it was very important to talk openly about it...if it makes people uncomfortable that is their issue...it needs to be talked about boldly...

    The bolder I get...the more some people shy away...and then i reach someone...and all of the scorn was worth it...

    We as stronger women can help the healing process for others by making safe places to talk...

    ReplyDelete