Monday, April 19, 2010

The Things I Became...







(Also being marketed in Internationally in countries like Japan, Sweden, Finland, Germany...!!!)

A portion of the proceeds from novel help support local women's shelters



If you need immediate assistance, dial 911. 
The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).


************************************************************************

The abuse I suffered left me feeling badly about myself...I did not trust anyone...myself, included.I was smart...but shouldn't smart people be above the kinds of mistakes I was making?

I literally left each unpleasant encounter feeling that I deserved to be treated badly. For the most part I had only two champions in my corner; and that was my mother and my grandmother. No one else seemed interested. At one very low point it seemed like I was even being laughed at; and this was by people I thought loved me.

It is surprising who I became, am still am on the way to becoming, when I wasn't being put down or abused all of the time. I became a wife, a mother, a student, a college graduate, a friend and a novelist.

Who could you become if your were not being hit or hurt or ridiculed?

I love you. God loves you.

Your friend,
Michelle





No comments:

Post a Comment