Friday, April 9, 2010

Finding Peace with Yourself...












**********************************************************************

Whether abuse is mental, physical or sexual it take a huge toll on a person's self image. In my case I was involved in more than one unhealthy relationship; in fact each one grew progressively worse. My own personal "rock bottom" was in 2000 when my 7 month old child was put on life support because of someone abusing him. It turned out the person had abused both of my kids. My son almost died. And except for one or two family members we were all but abandoned.

It is now over years later. Both children not only survived, but are thriving. My daughter went through years of therapy. My son had eye surgery, brain surgery and many seizures the first year after his injuries. He is ten now. He walks with a limp; is developmentally delayed; partially blind; but has come a long way since they pronounced him as a few steps above a vegetative state.

No matter what your support group is, whether large or non-existent, you will have to come to terms with yourself; and learn to make peace, with you.

I am here to share and listen.

Michelle


If you need immediate assistance, dial 911. 
The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).



No comments:

Post a Comment