Monday, December 20, 2010

One year at a time...






(Also being marketed in Internationally in countries like Japan, Sweden, Finland, Germany...!!!)

A portion of the proceeds from novel help support local women's shelters



If you need immediate assistance, dial 911. 
The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).









I grew up watching the show "One Day at a Time"...and throughout the years it still reigns as one of my favorite shows...

There is a certain wisdom that comes in learning to live one day at a time...and yet for many abused women one day at a time is even too painful...
When someone abuses you...well..at first it feel surreal because polite people in civil societies are not abusive...right? But that is not true...
Years later I have found that it helps to learn from the past...plan for the future...and live in the now...But this wasn't always the case...each woman find certain things easier to deal with than others...the past was easy for me...because I didn't mind discussing it...the future was okay too
because I had grown up with hopes and dreams of some or the other future I would one day have...what I could not do very well was live in the present...I was aimless about living in the now...

Living in the present meant that I would have to grin and bear everything in a very chaotic state...I hated chaos...as a child I use to wake early in the morning and clean my room...I had even been known to iron my underthings...(true story)...the point is though that "the present" is unpredictable...it is a fluid concept...but a part of being abused makes you hypervigilant...in other words a control freak...it isn't that you want to control or manipulate others...it is just that you want to keep yourself from being hurt again.


Let me know how you are doing.

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment