Monday, February 6, 2012

...who am I...?


I wrote 
"The House that Silence Bought" 
and there is a scene in it, based on actual experience, where the brain surgeon was prepping my then 10 month old son for surgery...the surgeon said if we didnt operate Jordan would die...I was crying and praying...and in my spirit I said "Lord you gave me peace Jordan was going to be ok...Lord, I cannot watch my son die" and very gently, very deeply I heard the Lord say back:

 "Michelle, I know what it is to watch a son die"

...and it floored me, and still does
...God took the time to let me know that he could identify with what I was facing
...and I know I was loved and accepted
...and I would have been strong enough to handle it had Jordan died...I wouldn't have like it...but having God take time to share something that personal...made my life...makes me strong...keeps me going when hurting women want to hear from me/but family doesnt...it was very much like that Casting Crowns song...
"Who am I"...that the lord of all the earth would care to know my pain...not much else has mattered...and Jordan is now 16...disabled...but thriving...and happy...and incredibly bright...and a living testimony of God's mercy...thats why I shared a bit too boldly...how could I not?


God Bless you!!!

(video of "Who am I?" by Casting Crowns)










If you need immediate assistance, dial 911. 

The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 
1-800-799-SAFE 

No comments:

Post a Comment